Leeward Laser Vision LLC
Leeward Laser Vision Center of Hawaii offers unparalleled experience with a new state-of-the-art LASIK surgery facility in the heart of Leeward O’ahu.
Ewa Beach, Oahu, Hawaii – October 16, 2009 – Leeward Laser Vision Center of Hawaii has been established to provide a state-of-the-art refractive surgery facility located in the heart of leeward O’ahu in an announcement made by Michael A. McMann, MD, the Medical Director. As a founding member, he has been providing the residents of O’ahu and the state of Hawaii with the very best in eye care since 2006.
“Leeward Laser Vision was established in order to improve patient access to laser vision correction surgery on the leeward side of the island of O’ahu. Our goal is to exceed the highest standards of care in both refractive surgery and patient care while serving the needs of our community,” said Dr. McMann.
As chief refractive surgeon, Dr. McMann brings a wealth of knowledge and 12 years of ophthalmic clinical practice experience in the military and private practice.
If you would like further information about the eye care services offered please contact the Leeward Laser Vision Center of Hawaii. We invite you to discover how our expertise, exceptional patient service and our technology will enhance your eye care experience.
About Leeward Laser Vision, LLC
- First and only center in Hawaii to offer the Bausch and Lomb – Technolas Perfect Vision ZyoptixÔ laser technology, combined to provide the very best in Wavefront Customized LASIK.
- First and only center in the Hawaii to offer an FDA approved Advanced Control Eyetracking (ACE), for the Technolas LASIK platform. This ensures that the laser treats your prescription regardless of your eye movement; this technology is only available with Technolas the most advanced wavefront-guided laser system available in the U.S.
- First LASIK surgery center in Hawaii located outside the city of Honolulu. (non military)
- First state-of-the-art LASIK surgery center located in Leeward Oahu.
- For patients living in north, central, and leeward O’ahu – the most convenient location for first-class LASIK refractive eye surgery.
About Dr. McMann
Michael A. McMann, M.D., the Medical Director of the McMann Eye Institute, has advanced fellowship training and experience in the surgical and medical management of corneal disease, as well as LASIK refractive eye surgery. Also specializes in Keratoconous, advanced techniques for cataract surgery and corneal transplantation, in addition to general ophthalmology eye care. His various accolades include:
- Performed the first Implantable Minature Telescope (IMT) surgery in Hawaii at The Queen’s Medical Center
- Performed the first Corneal Transplant at the Hawaii Medical Center.
- Performed first Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK) procedure at Tripler Army Medical Center.
- Named the “Best of Leeward Oahu in Laser Vision Correction,” for 5 years in a row by the United States Local Business Association, and Honolulu Advertiser’s “Best of the Best.”
- As a former active duty army surgeon, Dr. McMann has performed over 5,000 procedures and has performed LASIK on over 20 fellow physicians and is regarded by his peers as the trusted choice for laser vision correction.
News Media Contacts:
Name: Jason Sealey
Editor’s Note: Technolas, the Technolas Perfect Vision logo, ACE, CUSTOMFLAP, CUSTOMSHAPE, HANSATOME, INTRACOR, ORBSCAN, ZYOPTIX, and ZYWAVE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH, Munich, Germany. Other trademarks are trademarks of the respective owners.